CBD Lemon Bars
CBD Lemon Bars
Ingredients – for the crust:
- 3 cups almond meal
- 2/3 cup arrowroot starch
- 1/4 cup maple
- 7 tbsp coconut yogurt
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, fine
Ingredients – for the filling:
- 8 whole eggs
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup agave syrup
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 oz coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 500-1,000 mg CBD oil (I used HempX)
To make the crust:
- Freeze yogurt flat on a cookie sheet with parchment paper for 20 minutes, or until firm. The thinner you spread it, the faster it’ll freeze and easier it’ll break.
- Preheat oven to 350° then place parchment paper in 8″ x 8″ pan up the side and lightly grease.
- Pulse almond meal, arrowroot and salt in food processor for 10 second to mix.
- Remove yogurt from the freezer and break into pea sized pieces. Add yogurt pieces and maple syrup to food processor and pulse until dough forms.
- Press into prepared pan, and bake for 12-18 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let stand while making the filling.
To make the filling:
- In a large sauce pan on medium high heat, whisk together eggs, agave, lemon juice and sea salt consistently until it comes to a boil. Add coconut oil and CBD oil and cook for another 8 minutes, constantly stirring. Remove from heat after 8 minutes.
- Whisk in the coconut milk, and pour over cooked crust. Bake for another 12-18 minutes or until the center is firm and doesn’t giggle. Remove from the oven.
- Let cook completely in the refrigerator before serving.
- Cut pieces of desired size and potency based off the amount of CBD oil you added.