Makes 12 muffins!
- 1 1⁄4 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup arrowroot starch
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
- 3 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup avocado pulp, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2⁄3 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease and flour a 12 muffin-tin
- In a bowl add dry ingredients: brown rice flour, arrowroot starch, guar gum, baking powder, & salt and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, using a whisk, add wet ingredients: avocado, olive oil, maple syrup, and vanilla, and mix well.
- Add egg to wet ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Using a wooden spoon, slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients slightly (around 10 strokes).
- Slowly add milk and mix just until incorporated, still slightly lumpy.
- Add blueberries, and stir about 5 strokes to evenly distribute into the dough.
- Spoon into 12 greased muffin tins.
- Bake for 15 minutes, turn the muffin tin halfway, and bake for another 10-13 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool in pan for 5 minutes before placing on a cooling rack to cool completely.