Veggie Pot Pie Paleo
Veggie Pot Pie Paleo | Grain Free | Vegan
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- ½ head cauliflower, trimmed into florets
- 2 carrots, large dice
- 1 ½ cups brussel sprouts, quartered
- 1 tablespoons avocado oil
- Pinch sea salt and pepper
- ½ cup avocado oil
- ½ red onion, diced
- 2 mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup arrowroot starch
- 6 cups whole fat coconut milk
- 1 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons ground rosemary
- 1 tablespoons onion, dried and minced
- 1 tablespoons oregano, dried
- ½ tablespoon black pepper
- 1 cup peas, frozen
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place prepared cauliflower, carrots, brussel sprouts, 1 tbsp avocado oil and pinch of sea salt and pepper in a roasting pan and toss to coat vegetables evenly with oil and seasoning. Roast for 15-20 minutes, remove from the oven and set aside.
- Heat a large sauce pot to medium high heat and add the ½ cup avocado oil, onions and mushrooms and saute for 3-5 minutes; until onions are translucent. Add the arrowroot starch and whisk until you make a roux, continue whisking for 1 minute.
- Slowly drizzle in coconut milk 1 cup at a time, whisking quickly to keep the roux from breaking.
- Slowly drizzle in all the vegetable broth and whisk until incorporated. Add sea salt, garlic powder, ground rosemary, dried onion, dried oregano, and black pepper, whisk until incorporated.
- Add in the pan of roasted vegetables and frozen peas. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot, and top with your favorite biscuit. *Biscuit recipe in Happy Baking and Desserts.
You must be logged in to post a comment.