Vegan Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 9-11 minutes
Yield: 9-12 each
For the Chocolate Chips
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup maple
- ½ raw cacao powder
- Place the melted coconut oil, maple and raw cacao into a small bowl and whisk until smooth and shiny. If the chocolate is hot and runny, place in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes, until a little harder.
- Place chocolate into a small pastry bag with a small tip, or a zip lock bag with the tip cut off.
- Start piping the chocolate chips onto parchment paper (on a plate that will fit in your freezer) as the desired size you would like in your cookies.
- Once all the chocolate is piped into chocolate chips, place them in the freezer until needed for the dough. You want to use them frozen when you mix them into the dough.
For the Dough
- 3 tbsp flax meal + 4 ½ tbsp water= vegan egg
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, room temp
- 1 ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 ¼ cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup arrowroot starch
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- 2 teaspoon guar gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1¼ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Grease 2 cookie pans.
- Mix flax meal and water together in a small bowl, and set aside.
- Mix coconut sugar, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar and vanilla together in standing mixer with paddle attachment (or use an electric hand whisk) for 3-5 minutes.
- Add vegan egg to wet ingredients and mix until incorporated and there are no more lumps.
- Add flour, starch, cacao, guar gum, baking soda, sea salt and mix. About 1 minute.
- Add chocolate chips and stir until incorporated.
- Scoop 1 ounce balls (about 2 tbsp worth) on greased cookie pan. Press cookies down to look like a hockey puck, and refrigerate for 15 minutes-24 hours before baking.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes.