Citrus Quinoa Vegan
Red Citrus Quinoa Vegan
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 orange juiced, zested
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup cranberries, dried and unsweetened
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 bunch green onions, sliced
- Bring water to a boil. Pour quinoa into the pot. Turn heat to simmer, cook for 20 minutes, or until quinoa is fully absorbed. Remove from heat, fluff with a fork and let sit, covered for 5 minutes.
- Add orange juice, zest, olive oil and sea salt to quinoa and mix well. Add the cranberries and almonds, mix well. Place in a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle scallions on top of the salad to only heat them, if they mix in while it’s warm it will cook them and make them shrivel.
You must be logged in to post a comment.