Citrus Quinoa Vegan
Red Citrus Quinoa Vegan
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 orange juiced, zested
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup cranberries, dried and unsweetened
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 bunch green onions, sliced
- Bring water to a boil. Pour quinoa into the pot. Turn heat to simmer, cook for 20 minutes, or until quinoa is fully absorbed. Remove from heat, fluff with a fork and let sit, covered for 5 minutes.
- Add orange juice, zest, olive oil and sea salt to quinoa and mix well. Add the cranberries and almonds, mix well. Place in a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle scallions on top of the salad to only heat them, if they mix in while it’s warm it will cook them and make them shrivel.