Yield: 12 muffins
- Vegan egg; 1 ½ tbsp flax meal + 2 tbsp water
- 1 c coconut flour
- ¾ c tapioca starch
- 1 tbsp cinnamon, ground
- 2 tsp ginger, ground
- 2 tsp turmeric, ground
- 3 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp guar gum
- 1 tsp sea salt, fine
- ¾ c avocado, mashed
- ½ c walnut oil
- ½ c maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c coconut water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix flax meal and water in a small mug, and set aside to form the vegan egg.
- In a bowl add coconut flour, tapioca starch cinnamon, ginger, turmeric, baking powder, guar gum, & salt, and set aside.
- Mix all ingredients for anti-inflammatory topping together in a small clean bowl and set aside.
- In separate mixing bowl add avocado, walnut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla and mix well with whisk.
- Add vegan egg to wet ingredients and whisk until incorporated.
- Using wooden spoon, slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix slightly (about 8 strokes).
- Slowly add coconut water. Mix just until incorporated, you want the batter still slightly lumpy.
- Spoon 12, evenly measured out, dough into greased muffin tins.
- Sprinkle muffins with anti inflammatory topping.
- Bake for 22-26 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool 5 minutes in the pan before putting muffins on a cooling rack. Cool completely before serving.