Yield: Makes 1 log
- Vegan egg (4 tbsp flax meal + ¾ cup water)
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- ¼ cup arrowroot starch
- ½ tsp guar gum
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- ¼ tsp sea salt, fine
- 1 c coconut sugar
- ⅔ c pumpkin puree, canned
- 4 tbsp arrowroot starch for pan & rolling
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease a 13×9” pan, line with parchment paper then grease and flour paper. Sprinkle a thin cloth towel with 3-4 tbsp of starch and leave it lying flat on counter top.
- Add flour, starch, guar gum, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin spice and sea salt in a bowl and mix with a fork.
- In a separate bowl add coconut sugar and eggs, and beat for 2 minutes on medium speed. Add pumpkin and beat for another 1 minute. Add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until incorporated. Pour into prepared pan, and smooth evenly in pan.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. Immediately loosen and turn cake onto prepared towel. Carefully peel off paper. Roll up cake and towel together, starting with the narrow end. Cool on wire rack, rolled up.
- 6 oz coconut cream, room temperature
- 1 ½ c arrowroot starch
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, room temperature or melted. Not cold.
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp guar gum
- Beat coconut cream, starch, coconut oil, honey, vanilla and guar gum. until smooth and incorporated. Carefully unroll cake; remove towel. Spread filling over cake. Reroll cake. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
*I use Thai Kitchen Coconut Cream. I mix the cream with it’s liquid for use. It’s ½ a can’s worth for 1 recipe, so 1 full can is a double batch.